Wednesday 3 October 2012

Fitzroy: Little Creatures Dining Hall

Little Creatures Dining Hall - Taken on 29 Sept, 2012

Internal Dining Area

Entrance - Over Your Head

Essential Latte Shot, again :D
Back on a lovely Saturday morning, we girls have decided to finally meet up for brunch after almost half the semester gone. Jen, Fx and I used to hang out quite often last semester, or was it 2 semesters ago? Well yea, we finally settled for a date just before the Spring Break came to an end! Off we went, to Fitzroy (yea, again) to Little Creatures Dining Hall! Woohoo :D

P.S You're not gonna see any beer sitting on the table.. dude, it's a Saturday MORNING! hahaha

Cured Salmon, Beetroot, Crème Fraiche, Toast 
Pan Fried Calamari, Citrus & Fennel Salad

Chorizo, Sweet Corn, Fetta Pizza
While the food took quite some time to come, we three girls were busy catching up and also stressing out with life after graduation. I thought how fast everything's gonna hit me and becoming an impending reality in 2 months. I'll be out of university, out running around the CBD instead of around the campus from Spot to Alan Gilbert or Redmond Barry. I'll officially be taking my first step out in the society. I guess for a moment i felt how stressful job hunting really is, especially in a small competitive fast-paced market like Singapore.

Oh well, back to food...

 First up was the salmon with toast, a rather ordinary dish to share but it was a great start for the morning with fresh cured salmon to go along with the toast brushed with butter :D Simple yet gooood, i likeee hehe. Next up was, in my opinion the best out of all we ordered, the Pan-Fried Calamari! I love calamari enveloped with a strong fragrance of butter! For an insanely picky eater like me, who naturally counts my calories whenever i eat in my head, it is amazing how the squid isn't dripping or soaked with oil upon serving and still remained juicy and chewy~ Last, came the Chorizo, Sweet Corn, Fetta Pizza. The crust of the pizza was of perfect thickness and crunch, but kind serving of chorizo was way too salty for us. I was literally drowning myself with water, until i've decided to pick out every individual pieces hidden under the cheese. Maybe together with fetta, it adds on the saltish taste.

Sticky Date Pudding, Butterscotch, Ice-Cream
Every meal HAS to end with something sweet! Maybe because i finally chanced upon the Sticky Date Pudding on the menu and my eyes lit up almost instantly! After my very bad experience at Animal Orchestra, I'd been on a look out for this dessert along the way. Although PS. Cafe in Singapore still beats this hands down, it is a comparative rival. It was good, despite being a little too sweet, BUT STILL, IT WAS GOOD! It satisfied my cravings, at least not anymore tingling in my head, hahaha. Hmm my overall dining experience was good! I actually wish to return another time, probably for dinner to have their signature beer, chips, and more pizzas!

Final Shot!
A good 2/3 hours well spent with the girls ;) Looking forward to our next chomping session soon!

--

Little Creatures Dining Hall
222 Brunswick St
Fitzroy, VIC 03065

No comments:

Post a Comment