Monday 17 September 2012

The first

Twilight in Melbourne at Sundown - Taken on 4 Nov, 2011

I finally created a brand new blog, after withdrawing from blogspot for a couple of years. Just so on my first official day of Spring break, i've decided that i should start penning down snippets my life and thoughts - maybe also because, with four weeks of University life remaining, it's worth to retain the little bit of memory as a student.

Since the start of my final semester, a common question lingered amongst the cohort of international students at Uni, "Guys, any plans to stay on? or going back home?". Without hesitant, my answer remained undeviated. Yet i constantly questioned myself - why. Some people tell me, 4 years, it's been four whole years, perhaps you've had enough. But, to think of it, i grew up on a tiny island till age 16, and choosing to return is still my final decision. I guess, being at home still gives me the strongest sense of belonging, be it family, friends or food (the Big 3Fs, Haha), you get the best treatment in all area. And also perhaps, i felt like i've been missing out on too much. Among friends, i'm eternally grateful to everyone of them, for those that treasured me, urged me on, and supported me all they can. With my family, we became closer and better in terms of communicating with my three elder brothers, and mummy especially. While in relationships, i've always lost faith, and attributed all to distance issues, which i don't wanna mention or think about anymore.

Anyway, I foresee after the break (probably even during the break), in the remaining 4 weeks, i am highly likely gonna spend most of my time in the library again. The thought of it tires me out. This whole year had been so bad, in the sense that i've dedicated so much of my time into studying. Gradually as i slip out of my social life, i still witness how my results aren't correlated with the amount of efforts i put in. Although it saddens me, i can only blame my limited capabilities.

On a happier note, it's Spring break, guys! The weather's been treating me pretty well lately, with the sun glaring above our heads at noon! I've just attended a 6-hour Professional Barista Course yesterday, and Yipeee! I'mma Certified Barista, though i know i'm not up to standard yet, duh. HOWEVER, I found my passion for coffee making and coffee art - it's too cool a skill to have, and i wanna keep practicing, and master it :D I just enquired on free pours classes and have decided to go for it, while i still can during the break, it'll be a waste if i didn't! Hehehe, i'm all too excited now.

Ah, time to get my facial mask off.

Till then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment